Remember the six obligations that direct the Secular Carmelite’s life:
1. Meditation. A suggestion is 30 minutes each day.
2. Morning Prayer. Evening Prayer and, if possible, Night Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours.
3. Mass. Daily, if possible.
4. Mary. Every day, Seculars express devotion to Mary. Their primary devotion is to imitate Mary in “reflecting on [all these things] in her heart” (Luke 2:19).
5. Meetings. Seculars are called to communities whose members have made a commitment to one another. Meetings consist of formation, information and fellowship.
6. Mission. Seculars share in the Carmelite mission of knowing God so God can be known.
Adapted from Sioux City OCDS page [ http://ocdssiouxcity.blogspot.com/ ]
NOTE: Some links on this page may direct the user to other websites which contain appropriate resources....